(785) 864-0605

Blog

National Teacher of the Year Application open

An announcement from the Dow Jones Newspaper Fund:

Are you advising the school newspaper, yearbook staff, or other media at your high school? Do you teach students how to produce digital content, create compelling stories, use social media, or practice journalism?

If so, apply, or, encourage a friend to apply for the 2015 Dow Jones News Fund National High School Journalism Teacher of the Year Award, co-sponsored by The Wall Street Journal, Poynter Institute for Media Studies, and the Columbia Scholastic Press Association.

The Teacher of the Year Awards program showcases innovation in scholastic journalism and celebrates those teachers who inspire students to go above and beyond to accomplish the extraordinary. 

We are looking for the best in scholastic journalism. Teachers who are adapting their lesson plans to include the latest digital tools and techniques for storytelling; and high school media advisers who are mentoring students to create award-winning publications.  

If you have taught or advised high school media for at least three years and plan to continue in the 2015-2016 school year, we encourage you to APPLY NOW. 

The winning teacher will receive a pin, a plaque, a laptop for the journalism program, and the opportunity to speak for (or represent) scholastic journalism at national conventions and in media. 

The package also includes 12 free webinars, a digital subscription to The Wall Street Journal, a per diem for program-related absences, a $1,000 college scholarship for a senior student to pursue journalism studies.

Visit www.newsfund.org/ for more information about the program. Click here to fill out the online application! 

Post a comment

0
    0
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop