2014-2015 going fast. Many of you may be working on that last yearbook deadline, planning final newspaper issues, or just counting the days to spring break. That means it is time for the annual KSPA re-design workshop. This is a great place to get ideas for next year, plan what you will do the rest of this year, connect with your new staff, and learn some new Photoshop tricks.
Saturday, March 7, at Maize South Middle School, 3403 N. Tyler, Wichita, Kansas 67205. (We will provide each of you individual directions to our school.) Workshop is from 9-1. Lunch is NOT provided but we will have heavy snacks and no one will leave too hungry.
Topics included are the following:
- How to make your publications look even more exciting than they already are using the latest trends, quick reads, and great photo ideas.
- Theme development for the 2015-2016 yearbooks.
- Fun survey ideas for 2015-2016 newspapers.
- How to use Photoshop to make photographs even better.
- Photoshop tips and tricks—everything you wanted to try but didn’t get the chance.
In addition, we will give you time to work with your staffs individually, pick the brains of other advisers, and learn about any other topic you wish. (We take requests!) We have computers available equipped with internet, In-Design, Word, Photoshop—hopefully any program you would need.
INSTRUCTORS & HOSTESSES:
- Linda Drake is an awarding-winning adviser and former National Yearbook Adviser of the Year and former president of KSPA. Her publications have won state and national awards. She has mentored a number of college, high school, and middle school programs, taught national workshops, and is a frequent speaker at national and state conventions.
- Mary Patrick is an award-winning middle school adviser and former Distinguished Adviser and current middle school representative for KSPA. Her publications have also won numerous national awards and state awards and she mentors middle school programs all over the nation. She too is a frequent speaker at conventions.
Most importantly, Linda and Mary LOVE working with middle school programs and look forward to meeting all of you. If they don’t have good ideas for you, they will know someone who does.
We are looking to bringing in more guest speakers, especially in the area of photography. Also we are offering a free on-site critique session of your current book and newspaper. (Just bring in pages or pull it up on internet.)
Here is the best part. Cost is FREE. You just need to come with or without students. We just need an accurate account of who is coming no later than March 1.
Please contact Mary Patrick at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU ON MARCH 7TH.