Congratulations to the students who provided hundreds of entries for the KSPA State Contests and won the awards below.
The contest would not be possible without the help of . . .
- Judges from all over the country
- Volunteers and judges from the University of Kansas William Allen White School of Journalism and Mass Communication
- KSPA assistants Kerry Navinskey, Anna Wonderlich, Lauren Muth and Raeley Youngs
- The KSPA board
- The advisers who helped to organize their students and all of the logistics for the contest.
If you believe that there has been a mistake in the reporting of results, please do not email our normal account or tweet at us. Please fill out this form. Thanks!
- 1A: Chase County High School
- 2A: Hillsboro High School
- 3A: Humboldt High School
- 4A: Hays High School
- 5A: Mill Valley High School
- 6A: Shawnee Mission East High School
Certificates, Entries and Rubrics
All materials from the State Contests (including certificates for winners, copies of the student entries in on-site contests and judging rubrics for digital and on-site contests) will be mailed after advisers and students have a chance to request corrections in KSPA results (see above). Any schools who have yet to pay membership or State Contest fees will have those materials withheld from mailing.
Information for a Press Release
If you are interested in showcasing the success of your students, consider using the document here to send to your principal, your school district or parents. Be sure to replace some of the bolded content as it is meant to be customized to your school.
Twelve digital submission contests will be offered as part of the 2018 KSPA State Contest. Please click on the links below for the 2018 prompts. The links for “frequent judges comments” provides an easily printable version of the comments that you, the judge, can click on. By selecting a comment, you enable the student to read the extended comment. However, they do no see the short abridged comment visible to you next to the checkbox.
- On-Site Prompts folder
- Contest K: Academics Photography
- Contest M: Advertising
- Contest N: Headline Writing & Design
- Contest P: Infographics
- Contest Q: News Page Design
- Contest R: Photo Illustration
- Contest S: Sports Photography
- Contest T: Student Life Photography
- Contest U: Yearbook Layout
- Contest V: Yearbook Theme & Graphics (can be team of up to two)
- Contest W: Multimedia Storytelling (can be team of up to four)
- Contest X: Online Photo Gallery