The annual KSPA state journalism write-off and carry-in contest is scheduled for Saturday, May 4, 2013, at the Kansas Union on the University of Kansas campus in Lawrence.
Students qualified by placing (first, second, third or honorable mention) at regional competition in February. The single exception is the video news contest, which is open to any KSPA member school who wishes to compete.
State Contest files
Participating advisers should receive by April 1 an e-mail by that includes the following electronic files (some are linked here):
1) a letter with all the necessary details, including instructions for sending in both your registration/entry form and payment;
2) the school registration/entry form;
3) a roster of students and the competitions for which they have qualified (sent individually) and a list of participating schools;
4) the 11 carry-in contests, complete with instructions for your students;
5) the schedule of on-site competitions and other activities, including the annual KSPA adviser brunch, at which the Sunflower, Engel and Ad Astra Award winners, the Friend of KSPA Award winner, the Administrator of the Year and any Hall of Fame inductees are honored;
Please call or e-mail KSPA at 785-864-0605 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have specific questions.
2013 State Schedule
8 a.m. — 8:45 a.m. Registration Kansas Union (Level 5)
8:50 a.m. — 9:20 a.m. Opening Remarks and Instructions Woodruff Auditorium
9:30 a.m. — 1 p.m. Kansas Union (Level 4) Yearbook Company Exhibits
9:30 a.m. — 11:30 a.m. Adviser Brunch Presentation of Hall of Fame recipients, Annual Business Meeting, Announcement of Engel Award Winner, Sunflower and Ad Astra Award Winners
9:30 a.m. — 12:45 p.m. Contests
2 to 6 p.m. — Results tweeted @kspastaff
6 p.m. — Results posted online