Twenty-one high school journalism programs earned All-Kansas distinction from the KSPA All-Kansas judging and critique service for fall 2013.
The winners will receive All-Kansas plaques at the State Contest, scheduled for Saturday, May 3, 2014, at the Kansas Union in Lawrence.
Fifty-six yearbooks were sent to judges across the U.S. (from Texas to New York), who used the KSPA guidebook to provide positive feedback and criticism, and to award the publications All-Kansas (the top rating), Awards of Commendation and Awards of Merit.
- The Stampede, Maize South, Mary Patrick, adviser
- The Wigwam, St. Francis Community High School, Brenda Day, adviser
- Eagle, Canton-Galvan, Jessica Bowman, adviser
- Speak, Chase County Jr.-Sr. High, Linda Drake, adviser
- The Trojan, Hillsboro, Bob Woelk, adviser
- Thunderbird, Skyline, Judy Hampel, adviser
- The Record, Ottawa HS, Rachel Urban, adviser
- The Panther, Paola HS, BriAnne Chayer, adviser
- Mangonel, Buhler, Kelley Pankratz, adviser
- Augustan, Augusta, Julie Barker, adviser
- Retrospect, Holton, Karen Ford, adviser
- Round-Up, Russell, Jane Wagner, adviser
- Totem Pole, Bonner Springs, Jill Holder, adviser
- Crusader, Kapaun Mt. Carmel Catholic High School, Ashley Watkins, adviser
- Jungle Book, Andover Central, Julie Calabro, adviser
- The Lair, Shawnee Mission Northwest, Susan Massy, adviser
- Horizon, Blue Valley Northwest, Jim McCrossen, adviser
- Hauberk, Shawnee Mission East, C. Dow Tate, adviser
- SAGA, Shawnee Mission West, Amy Morgan, adviser
- The Indian, Shawnee Mission North, Becky Lucas Tate, adviser
- Reflections, Blue Valley High, Michelle Wilmes, adviser