Congratulations to the students who submitted thousands of entries for the KSPA Regional Contests and won the awards below.
A REGIONAL RUNDOWN
Over the past month, 85 Kansas high schools submitted more than 2,166 entries to the KSPA Regional Contest. Here are your winners!
- PLAINS REGIONAL: Full results here: Plains Regional (1A/2A Group A)
- BISON REGIONAL: Full results here: Bison Regional (1A/2A Group B)
- HARVEST REGIONAL: Full results here: Harvest Regional (1A/2A Group C)
- PRAIRIE REGIONAL: Full results here: Prairie Regional (3A/4A Group A)
- WHEAT REGIONAL: Full results here: Wheat Regional (3A/4A Group B)
- TALLGRASS REGIONAL: Full results here: Tallgrass Regional (3A/4A Group C)
- WAKARUSA REGIONAL: Full results here: Wakarusa Regional (5A/6A Group A)
- NORTHEAST REGIONAL: Full results here: Northeast Regional (5A/6A Group B)
- PIONEER REGIONAL: Full results here: Pioneer Regional (5A/6A Group C)
- I-70 REGIONAL: Full results here: I-70 Regional (5A/6A Group D)
- CENTRAL REGIONAL: Full results here: Central Regional (5A/6A Group E)
- AD ASTRA REGIONAL: Full results here: Ad Astra Regional (5A/6A Group F)
The contests would not be possible without the help of the regional hosts from each of our host universities. They coordinated the sending and receiving of entries plus judging–and even some inclement weather out west for our coordinator at Fort Hays State University. Please join the KSPA staff and board in thanking the following regional contest coordinators:
- Latisha Haag at Fort Hays State University
- Amy DeVault at Wichita State University
- Josh Letner at Pittsburg State University
- John Walter at Kansas State University
- Kristy Dekat at Emporia State University
We had help from over 100 judges from all over the country. They volunteered hours of time to provide accurate judging and some great feedback for students. Thanks so much to each of them.
And thank you to all KSPA member schools who participated! The Regional Contests are a key fundraiser, in addition to being a great educational tool and chance for competition.
Notes on this year’s contest results
Please keep in mind the following notes about this year’s regional contest:
- No name or school is listed for many slots in the results sheet. Judges can award First, Second and Third place, plus three Honorable Mentions. However, if there are not enough entries for that many awards or if the judge believes that entries do not merit the award, KSPA allows judges to not name an award winner.
- Emails sent next week will feedback on the digital submission entries. Feedback — for member schools who have paid for the contest — will be mailed for on-site entries next week as well.
- All award winners — from first place to honorable mention — earn a chance to compete at the State Contest.
If you believe that there has been a mistake in the reporting of results, please do not email. Instead, please fill out this form. All corrections must be logged by Monday, March 9 at 11 a.m. If corrections are not filed by that deadline, the incorrect information will appear on the certificate, and no replacement will be provided. Please file corrections for Contest V if one of the team member’s names is not included in the results. Thanks for your help in making our results as complete and accurate as possible.
Certificates, Entries and Rubrics
All materials from the Regional Contests (including certificates for winners, copies of the student entries in on-site contests and judging rubrics for digital and on-site contests) will be mailed after advisers and students have a chance to request corrections in KSPA results. Any schools who have yet to pay membership or Regional Contest fees will have those materials withheld.
Information for a press release
If you are interested in showcasing the success of your students, consider using the document here to send to your principal, your school district or parents. Be sure to replace some of the bolded content as it is meant to be customized to your school.