2017 Regional Contest Results
The full results from our six locations and hundreds of contests.
Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.
Email This Story
Congratulations to the students who provided thousands of entries for the KSPA Regional Contests and won the awards below.
The contest would not be possible without the help of the regional coordinators from each of our host universities. Please join the KSPA staff and board in thanking the following regional contest coordinators:
- Latisha Haag at Fort Hays State University
- Amy Devault at Wichita State University
- Josh Letner at Pittsburg State University
- Kelly Glasscock and Kim Baltrip at Kansas State University
- Kristy Dekat at Emporia State University
We had help from over 100 judges from all over the country. They volunteered hours of time to provide accurate judging and some great feedback for students. Thanks so much to each of them.
And thank you to all KSPA member schools who participated! The Regional Contests are a key fundraiser, in addition to being a great educational tool and chance for competition.
If you believe that there has been a mistake in the reporting of results, please do not email our normal account. Please fill out this form. All corrections must be logged by Friday, March 10 at noon. If corrections are not filed by that deadline, the incorrect information will appear on the certificate, and no replacement will be provided. Please file corrections for Contest V if one of the team member’s names is not included in the results. Thanks for your help in making our results as complete and accurate as possible.
- Fort Hays State University 1A/2A
- Kansas State University 1A/2A
- Wichita State University 1A/2A
- Emporia State University 3A/4A
- Fort Hays State University 3A/4A
- Kansas State University 3A/4A
- Pittsburg State University 3A/4A
- University of Kansas 3A/4A
- University of Kansas 5A/6A Blue
- University of Kansas 5A/6A Crimson
- Wichita State University 5A/6A Black
- Wichita State University 5A/6A Sunflower
Certificates, Entries and Rubrics
All materials from the Regional Contests (including certificates for winners, copies of the student entries in on-site contests and judging rubrics for digital and on-site contests) will be mailed after advisers and students have a chance to request corrections in KSPA results. Any schools who have yet to pay membership or Regional Contest fees will have those materials withheld.
Information for a press release
If you are interested in showcasing the success of your students, consider using the document here to send to your principal, your school district or parents. Be sure to replace some of the bolded content as it is meant to be customized to your school.