(785) 864-0605

Blog

Megan Stringer Wins Friend of KSPA Award

The Kansas Scholastic Press Association would like to congratulate Megan Stringer from the Wichita Eagle on winning the Friend of KSPA Award. This award recognizes a professional partner’s efforts to support KSPA and scholastic journalism on a state or local level. 

Stringer works as a report for the Wichita Eagle. She mainly reports on school and workplace related stories in the Wichita area. In this position, she dedicates much of her time to working with student journalists and assisting their educators.  

Stringer connected with the Wichita Area Journalism Educators (WAJE) group in an effort to better assist schools in the area. Her work in this group has gone above and beyond in making a positive difference in scholastic journalism. Weekly, Stringer volunteers her time to meet with advisers, host informative group sessions and training on top of her reporting job at the Eagle.

“Megan has been our WAJE ‘back stop’ and has been a driving force to continue growing our organization and continues to supply new ideas, resources and feedback on how SHE can work with our programs more hands on in the future” wrote Spencer O’Daniel, a group leader for WAJE and adviser at Maize South High School and the Maize Career Academy. 

A specific project Stringer has worked on is a “monthly roundup” that showcases the best student journalism in the Wichita Eagle online. Students in the Wichita area can submit work from any medium for a chance to be featured. The community has felt her passion for this project and the work she does to assist Wichita area student journalists. 

The Kansas Scholastic Press Association is proud to name Megan Stringer as this year’s Friend of KSPA. 

Post a comment

0
    0
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop