The 2011 regional contests in Lawrence, Manhattan, Hays, Pittsburg, Emporia and Wichita have been completed.
Remember, the top six students in each contest in each classification (1A/2A, 3A/4A and 5A/6A) qualify for state, scheduled for May 7 at the University of Kansas in Lawrence.
- KSU results: Class 5A/6A, Class 3A/4A, Class 1A/2A
- FHSU results: Class 3A/4A, Class 1A/2A (updated 3/2)
- PSU results: Class 3A/4A
- ESU results: Class 3A/4A (updated 2/25)
- WSU results: Class 5A/6A, Class 1A/2A
- KU results: Class 5A/6A, Class 3A/4A
- REGISTRATION & SCHEDULES
- Lawrence (KU)
- Pittsburg (PSU)
- ON-SITE CONTESTS (Here are the 2011 on-site contests, which you may use to practice for the state competition, or as classroom exercises.)
6. News Writing
- CARRY-IN CONTESTS (Download instructions by clicking on links)
- 2011 Academics Photography
- 2011 Advertising *Updated 1/28/11
- 2011 Headline Writing *Updated 1/24/11
- 2011 Infographics
- 2011 Photography Illustration
- 2011 Sports Photography
- 2011 Student Life Photography
- 2011 Theme & Graphics
- 2011 Yearbook Layout *Updated 1/25/11
- Use the files in the slide show below to create a general “Fall Sports” spread, one that might be used as an introduction to a larger section.
- DO NOT USE PHOTOS FROM LAST YEAR’S STATE CONTEST.
- Click on the image for a full-size file, and then save it. Scroll through the entire slide show and save as you go.
- JUDGING RUBRICS
Below is a visualization of the KU regional based on how many student entries from 5A/6A schools qualified for state. Click on it to see a larger version.